_
Saturday, December 31, 2005
  Pain
Pain. Pain is blue. Dark blue. Don't be amused about how I keep assigning colors to emotions out of the blue. It is just perception and could differ. To get a feel of the color, I just sit silently, close my eyes and get a lot of the mentioned emotion into me and the color I tend to see is the color I associate. Pain, should not be confused with bodily pain here. It is simple old suffering. The bad feeling we all have when something that shouldn't have happened according to us, happens, may it be physical or mental.
Pain is dark blue. No wonder they came up with a term called 'blues' for distress and depression. It is that undesirable feeling that enters us when something against our wants comes into being. The definition and intensity of pain is individualist. Some one else might suffer less pain or more pain under exactly the same circumstances. Some have the ability to handle it. But then, the end effect, the total pain we actually feel after substracting the handling ability is called pain.
Pain exists; All our life we ride upon waves of pain and pleasure. But pain overwhelms the effect of these small delights. One can be very optimistic and say Life is happy or one can be realistic and say Life is pain. So what is the generator of pain ? It is birth. Our whole life is encompassed between the two events, birth and death. And the in-betweens are pain and pain for you cannot mention one moment of your life when you had no pain at all. Recall just one moment when you had no pain, when you had no worries, when you had no desires, when you had no regrets. Recall just one moment of complete pleasure. And even if you can, forgive me, for I cannot. And even if you can, I doubt it though, is the pain you've always faced worth those moments. If you say yes, don't read further and just neglect me as another bee in the hive.
A reason for pain exists; The nature always comes in, doesn't it ? We are a part of it and we have a duty to understand how things work because until we don't we keep disturbing the balance of things around us. That, is called ignorance. Wow! It fits so well! As ignorance is the only cause for pain. Ignorance of reality. Ignorance of the principles of life. Ignorance of the way of nature. Ignorance of our self. Difficult to digest ? Try a hajmola.
A mehthod to dispense pain exists; So, one might ask, how does this ignorance leave us ? What a beautiful system nature has. The answer, pain. Pain is just like an alarm that rings when we do wrong. When we become incongruent to the system around us, it will tell us to mend our ways by using the tring-tring called pain, so why dislike it ? It is just for the better. For our better. But we ignoramuses, lack patience and keep swearing pain. If you see someone very profound and deep, know that he has suffered equal amount of pain to learn what he knows now. For pain gives us knowledge on how to work. Pain makes us think. And see the wonder of it all. The more profound someone is, the more worried and aware one is. The more aware and conscious one is, the more he is in pain. -More pain more awareness- makes a loop. But don't ask me where it ends, please. It is correct that ignorance is bliss, but only until it does not begin to pain which it surely will!
A state of no pain exists; I beg to sound a little otherworldy of common perception it does exist. A Stoical state. When there's no pain and no pleasure. Bliss. Difficult to digest again ? Hajmola rules.
Pain, I say again,trying to seem true,Is blue, its really dark blue.
 
Comments:
wen did illeterate sneha become spiritual sneha ? :p
vsh u
Happy new year..
 
Interestingly, I think you guys would like to read my article "Shades of Ridicule"
 
@ Sneha,

Thank you for your comment, Sneha. Do keep visiting.
 
Oh shreedhar,
The illetracy shall never vanish... Happy new year to you dear.

Oh Pradyot,
One colors stands for more than one emotions. Read the 1st para to know how I form my connections.

Oh Pradeep K,
I read your whole blog. I read that too. Read the first para of this post again please. Thanks :D
 
Yaar sneha.. tu ek dum masti likhtee hai re!
awesome!
pata nahi kyu i have to always agree!!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Hmm…very true. We all are connected in someway, think of us, each one of us as an entity threaded by a string of emotions, associations and needs. We are some conjoined molecules that exist on the face of this orb. Fractals we are, elastic, when one side is stretched the other side contracts. In all, when one experiences joy other, the pain. System equates and balances it self.

In simple words I induce pain to knowingly/unknowingly to satisfy my needs, someone suffers.

People who are detached from the system, like seers or saints, they have no association of any kind. Those who can renounce this society of entities can escape pain. But at what cost, I would call it escapism.

Well we in our mundane lives have associated ourselves with so many things. We feel sorry and guilty for things that has a defined providence.

We feel, we are wrong causing ourselves the pain. But for this we have the cure, we need to be hedonistic at some point. Need to know where exactly to give-in and where not to.

May be I am wrong and stand to be corrected, but this is what I perceive from my own iridescent hidden life...the same color had reveled it self in more than one way :)
 
Oh Mani,
Keep agreeing. I like it! lolz!
And agar mai mast likhti hu, to aap to bas maaf karna sir!

Oh Φ,
In all, when one experiences joy other, the pain. System equates and balances it self.
In simple words I induce pain to knowingly/unknowingly to satisfy my needs, someone suffers.


I beg to differ. Pleasure is not always dependent and does require the pain of the other. What happens outside must. But it is our OWN choice how to percieve it.

It is our own choice to cause as much pain as we want. Only that, once we perfect this very truth and embed it in our thinking, and consider all to be subjective, then only we shall escape the pain. Th saints who you ridicule, by call escapists have understood the reality and not escaped from it. Seems you haven't actually known what a saint is. Not the people who leave there homes and wander in jungles. But those who get the true essence of reality deep in them to understand and implement the cure to pain.

Everybody is absolutely hedonistic. It is human nature and not worthy of criticism. We are not wrong causing ourselves the pain because pain is not wrong. It is the better.

Forgive me, for I speak in ego, but I had known no other manner on how to express myself.

And even I will say, may be I am wrong and stand to be corrected, but this is what I perceive from my own iridescent hidden life...the same color had reveled it self in more than one way :) :)
 
Oh dear oh my I did not ridicule or make parody of saints or those who renounced, rather I tried to put forth thats the ultimatum to be freed.

Sorry if I had diligently miscommunicated :). You are absolutely right in saying that. I used "..at what cost..escapism" jus to emphasize "we" as normal beings lack the ability to do so. I do understand what renouncing means and path of revelation teaches.

*humbled* Pleasure is not always dependent and does require the pain of the other hmm is like saying there is no balance for this term. Kindered soul, take even the smallest of pleasures in life. The pain caused there by may not be a induced directly because of you but by your action that has no relevence to a 3rd person.

Simple example, you buy candy and keep savouring it while you walk back home. Some kid on the way sees, has a desire to have one. Kid's mum refuses and the kid cries and so the outcome. I call this the external stimuli for pain.

Mind it dear sneha that, these entities you and the kid donot have any direct connection, but your action has threaded itself.

Well as you said its a choice we make, but to every person who is caught up in the quagmire of situations choices are not clear. :) won't you agree..

This is well argued as the central theme of advaita (Principle of non-duality) by Adi Shankara in his yester year scriptures. :) Internal and external stimuli and ways to over come. Path of absolute nirvana and all... well choice dear as you said, theres a certain difference in knowing the path and walking it..:)

Ofcourse my claim too was pain is part of the system whether we like it or not..I attempted to say it with my inadequate language and infant knowlegde :)..

:) Why dear soul you need not ask for forgiveness, Ego speaks right, It must. Pain is caused by Id, Ego describes/defends and Super-ego accepts..

So I, keeping my Alter-ego aside :-D would conclude saying, Pain, indeed will be/is part of our system. :))

Thanks many for your patient explanation & apologies for a pathetic explanation..
 
As far as the ridicule is concerned, I never expected you even to do that, but I'm sorry, your language, to me, couldn't indicate any other emotion than a sense belittling their deserved respect. It should be my fault. Perhaps simple text can be much more misleading as compared to a face to face talk where we can see the emotions of the other. Alas, this is the best we have.

I'd surely agree about the inability to decide. But ultimately you have to make one and the best way to decide, Im sure you agree, is to listen to your conscience.

//theres a certain difference in knowing the path and walking it..:)
there's a hell lot of a difference... knowing it is so easy.. understanding it still easier. But actualizing it, surely takes something.

As for the external stimuli of pain, let us assume that an event has happened in your life. The external effects will still be the same. If another kid will desire the same candy it will happen as it were to. But the amount of enjoyment I derive from the candy depends on me!
I am sorry, but it is a thought very abstract and to put it in words or to find a befitting enough example is difficult for me, but I what exactly I wanted to say is, the journey is inner and not external and the whole existance is subjective. Its in us. What has to happen outside has to, but what I choose for myself inside, is what maters and that is what forms the basis of pain or pleasure.
And please try not to be so humble to me, as that induces in me, a feeling of shame, as I don't deserve it.
Thanks.
 
And please try not to be so humble to me, as that induces in me, a feeling of shame, as I don't deserve it.

Naa its not shame or anything, i was humbled in explaining my thought so that it doesn appear as an aggressive argument :))

You are right in ur claim. What ever happens to you inside be it pleasure or pain its induced only bcos of us..thats what i was trying to put forth..very simply said..you stole the words..

Sory had I been rude in saying things or if it had appeared so.. :)
 
now this is a gr8 series .... expression & color.

well donno wht color pain is .. but it really hurts .. and we all knw it yet we r d choosers .. and we choose for it ..

And moreover its fidddle too .. wont leave u for long & will turn back to u . [ assuming tht there r moments when ones completely out of pain ] .

nice post .
anpadh -- [ seriously .. why this illiterate haan ?? ]
 
Happy new year .. i went to ur orkut profile to wish u there .. but itne sare dudes ko dekh ke I quitely escaped .. so so many friendship offers :D . luky u haan ;)

may be they donno tht ur anpadh .. hehe . may be they might change their mind .. or may be if u wudnt had tht pic to bhi nhin ate . I mean evn i used to do tht .. but times change :D .

so HApPy New Year . Wht did ya do ?? koi resolution ?

may this year be full of hapiness & fun & lotsa smiles .
 
Hmm thoughtful post...but more pain -> more awareness do not make a loop! My theory is More Pain -> More Awareness -> Less Pain.
Chk out my post called 'Musings On Attitude' . It mite change the color Dark Blue to sumthing lighter...White...maybe !
 
perhaps you watch too much of discovery channel where they show something about colours at 'O clocks (just kiddin...)
 
Oh Φ,
Dont worry.. you were not rude at all.

Oh Anuj,
thanks. and thanks for translating my name to hindi too. I dont use orkut anymore. Happy new year to you dear!
Wish the best for you!


Oh Rebel,
I certainly do not disagree with you. Because as awareness increases there is a point where pain starts dissipating. But I mentioned the stages we all exist. Ignorance is bliss they say, to an extent yes but this statement is partially incorrect too. Let me give you a simple example, who do you think is happier, a mad person or a normal person. I dont know if you would agree or not but a madman is certainly more happy because he is ignorant but we are full of tensions and demands. But I dont disagree with you even.

Oh Romi,
lolz! I really dont like discovery that much! :)
 
UPDATE ....... UPDATE ........ :D

lotsa colors left dear ;)
 
pain is blue. because i love blue and i am pain for many. and friends say pain is coming and i love so much blue i cant avoid wearing atleast one dress in me without the shades of blue.
 
Nice piece.....
I know just what u mean

Pain....
And yep mental pain is so traumatic and hurts much more than physical pain...

And this pain is definitely blue...
Dark...depressing...blue
 
Very well-written.

By some weird coincidence I wrote a post today about relating emotions to colours.

You're very insightful for your age.
 
hey HAPPY NEW YEAR.......
nice interesting blogg mate.... this is the first time dropped in ur blog
 
Oh Anuj,
Don't worry. Its on its way.

Oh Known Stanger,
An oxymoronic name I see. We all are pain for many. lolz!
Even I like blue a lot.

Oh Julez,
There's no thing such as physical pain. Everything subjective. All's mental. And tahnks. :)

Oh Ideasmith,
Thanks dear. I read your post. And ya, age is not the teacher, pain is.

Oh Ajay,
A happy 2006 to you too dear. Thanks. Keep dropping ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / June 2006 / October 2006 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger