_
Sunday, January 15, 2006
  Awe
Awe is golden. Precious it is. Precious like the golden gold and yet its invaluableness can only by experienced by experiencing it.

Awe is wonder. Awe is when you wonder how. How has this been done ? How has this been established ? And when this 'How' has no answer, you accept the doer to be better than you. Then the desire to emulate is born. Awe takes birth when we look far away beyond knowledge and discover that there lies a whole world ahead us of which we experience yet a very small part. Awe takes birth when we look deep within ourselves and find that there lies a potential yet to be stirred up and of which we use yet a very small part. While the awe for what lies beyond gives us extended sight, the awe for what lies within gives us extended insight.

Pride can shield awe and so can ignorance. Pride and ignorance are son and mother. Sometimes what we encounter is so great that we consider it to be lowly, served by our ignorance. Sometimes what we encounter is grand but in order to not-accept it, we ignore it, served by our pride.

But being awed is a something unimaginable. Firstly, there's a sense of our incapabilty to achieve what we see has been achieved. Secondly, the hope that rises up to reach that state. In some subtle manner, these things rouse us and make us appreciate honestly. The quest born out of awe is selfless, not clouded by the shadows of personal interests, or concealed motives. The mind follows the object of awe, and dwells upon it inspired by awe alone, delving deeper and soaring higher at the same time. It is this selfless quest that gives birth to the art of the artist, the insight of the scientist, the faith of the worshipper, the thought of the philosopher, the inspiration of the warrior, the triumph of the conqueror, the innovation of the inventor, and beauty in the eyes of the beholder.


The biggest source of awe is the creation we are a part of. We take things for granted. Like flowing waters or radiant fires, millions of colors or millions of tastes. Countless states of existance and countless emotions we incur. Be awed watching our inside and being awed again watching what we have outside. Again I say, we take things for granted and say "Ah! This is simply evolution!". But thats just a superficial way of looking at it. Somethings we find very obvious have hidden behind them millions of details and awesome patterns which make them work. Awe is born when we look up and discover a way of nature for the first time, though it had always existed, quiet and passive for our eyes, and yet playing its part, like the millions of stars that twinkle there, whether we watch them or not. That moment of realization inspires the soul, that observance of the beauty is a moment of rarity, and stays with us forever as a source of faith in the world.

The admiration that is yielded starts some subtle vibration in the mind. I don't know about others, atleast I feel so. I feel that vibration going from my head to the toe. Some kind of a mysterious soothing sensation that runs down with immense pleasure when some amount of admiration bears in me. And to inspire more awe, the awesome feeling born out of this awe is awing in itself. Awe is what we feel on finding a common thread binding the seemingly obscure and intermingled ways of nature, when the light of simplicity finds its way through the dark dungeons of doubt and confusion. This is a moment of ecstasy, it surpasses all joys of worldly contentment, and propels us into a quest for the unknown.

These moments of awe, have the power to, and have in the past changed the course of the journey of mankind through time. The moments of awe are ephemeral, and yet the effect is eternal. These moments let us break away from the mundane path of material success and motivate us to embark upon the extraordinary path of real accomplishment. The paths require courage and endurance, and are glorious not just at the end, but throughout the course, unlike the nature of ordinary material success.

Awe is precious and much more than gold. But it is, yes dear, golden.
 
Comments:
//These moments of awe, have the power to, and have in the past changed the course of the journey of mankind through time. The moments of awe are ephemeral, and yet the effect is eternal. These moments let us break away from the mundane path of material success and motivate us to embark upon the extraordinary path of real accomplishment.

liked this.

u kno,my guess abt ur next post (pleasure) proved wrong :)

BTW,This novice blogger invites u to visit his blog coz he has written a maha long post(possibly the longest :) )

u may like it..

WELCOME to my blg :)
 
Why do awful and awesome have so different meanings?
 
Its amazing how you describe these emotions with such precise finery and elegance .All these are in the head but the way you weave the strands of an emotion through words , I can almost touch them.Beautiful writings.
 
waah madam waah!
'Awe'some likhti ho aap!
mazaa aa gaya
inspire maar deeya yaar!!
 
Wow! So well written and well described. The way you've talked about the whole feeling is simply amazing. Never have I read something like this about 'awe'. Great post!
 
Hey Sneha u really are a good writer. Amazing how u can define emotions... Keep writing.
 
I could relate to this strongly.

The admiration... Some kind of a mysterious soothing sensation that runs down with immense pleasure when some amount of admiration bears in me. And to inspire more awe, the awesome feeling born out of this awe is awing in itself. Awe is what we feel on finding a common thread binding the seemingly obscure and intermingled ways of nature, .....

But few things about what you said, threads out to a different yarn. The pattern which we tend to miss when awed and the common thread that binds the seemingly obscure.. hmm what colors are they by themselves.. jus curious to know.

I find patterns attractive, I see them a lot, in dreams, in reals, in super reals (surreals), animate, inanimate, ephemeral, ethereal and what not.. what color does this pattern itself exhibit..is it one single color, the embodiment of iridescent others..

without much ado am *awed* :) at this wrk..
 
Good post, again, dear!

Cheers!
 
can i get golden font color to express my thoughts on the post... i guess u got the message :)
 
I'm smiling. Awesome post. Tere writing da jawaab nahin..hum fan ho gaye aapke. :)
 
i just cant have the patience to read such posts...no offence girly....glad to know somebody is writing thsi type of shit....
 
Oh Vikram,
Awe is not born of fear, if I think I get what're you trying to say. :)

Oh Shreedhar,
Sorry about your guess going wrong. lolz. and thanks :)
I will surely visit your blog dear.

Oh the anonymous,
Lolz. thats a funny one. Now how am I suppossed to know that. Why are do and go pronounced in the same way ?

Oh Abhinav,
Thank you dear. Love to be appreciated by a writer like you. I really like your writing too!

Oh Mani,
Thanks yaar. How can I inspire you. It is the other way round!

Oh the girl......,
Thanks dear. Keep visiting :)

Oh Suds,
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. :)

Oh Φ,


Oh Pradeep,
Cheers to you too! Thank dear!

Oh Iyer,
Lolz. I did get the message. :D
Thanks a lot.

Oh Shekhar,
Makes me happy to know it made someone smile. I smile too! :)
thanks!

Oh Nandya,
Hey don't worry. I wouldn't read my blog if I were someone else. Its normal. :)
 
Oh Φ,
You have left me thinking but don't worry I shall get your answer to the best of my capabilities. :)
Thanks Dear.
 
"While the awe for what lies beyond gives us extended sight, the awe for what lies within gives us extended insight."
This is one line that does not fall an inch short of being awesome. You seem quite literate to me, then why the name ?
Whats with the name of each post being an emotion???
Maybe I am asking a lot of questions and that too all at the same time.

I came here, you know how,and I wont say thanks as that dilutes the gratitude but your comment would make a difference sooner rather than later.
Cheers!!!!!1
 
I just read all in the series. I had a wonderful reading time. Really nice!
 
Oh Pradyot,
See for yourself dear.

Oh Ayush,
Thanks. And I say it because, for me, it does not dilute the gratitude, rather gives me satisfaction with the same amount of gratitude. Glad that I might make a change. :)

Oh Rohit,
Thank you dear. Keep reading.
 
There are not many things I read slowly.
I am reading your posts slowly, consciously.
I am in awe. :)
 
Great blog. If you like you can visit lucid dream.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / June 2006 / October 2006 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger